AVID & COVID-19
COVID-19 Statement (Updated 25 June 2020)
Mitigating COVID-19 transmission and exposure risks is an important element to AVID Corporation's safety strategy. AVID management wishes to share the internal and external safety protocols and standards AVID has implemented.
I. Internal - Screening and PPE
- AVID employees are requested to follow all CDC and local state guidelines for maintaining social distancing and wearing PPE when in close contact with the public.
- A daily health screen procedure has been established for all employees entering AVID offices.
- Employees are encouraged to contact their primary care physician if they experience any of the symptoms of Covid-19, or are concerned that they may have been exposed. Employees diagnosed with Covid-19 are required to inform AVID management of their diagnosis.
II. Internal - Visitors
- At this time, no outside vendors, contractors, or visitors (including customers) are permitted entry to AVID Corporation offices.
- All training classes typically held at AVID Corporation have been canceled until further notice.
III. Internal - Social Distancing
- In order to maintain social distancing within the AVID offices, work ‘cells’ have been established for all employees so they can work comfortably and safely. Solid barriers and partitions have been installed around work ‘cells’ to prevent accidental close contact between employees.
IV. Internal - Personal Protective Equipment and Proactive Hygiene
- All employees are required to wear face coverings (face-masks) when not in their designated work ‘cells,’ or when working in close proximity to other personnel.
- Employees unable to source their own personal approved face-coverings will be supplied face-masks by AVID. AVID thanks the NH Department of Safety for supplying approved PPE to NH businesses during this challenging time.
- Employees are required to wear freshly washed garments each day and maintain good hygiene.
- Employees are encouraged to wash their hands frequently throughout the day. Hand-sanitizer stations are setup throughout the office.
V. Internal - Office Cleaning Procedures
- High-touch surfaces (doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, countertops, work surfaces, etc.) and high-traffic areas (bathrooms, galley, entrances/exits, etc.) are sprayed with disinfectant and wiped down daily.
- Ventilation of the office has been improved by installing new fans and replacing filters.
- Employees will clean their personal work ‘cells’’ high-touch surfaces and tools daily with disinfectant.
- Sharing of employee personal tools and high-touch equipment is not permitted.
VI. External - Travel and Travel Concerns
- Travel during the epidemic is discouraged by the CDC. All non-essential field services will be postponed.
- Due to the essential nature of the packaging industry during this challenging time, state mandated quarantine requirements place an undo hardship upon AVID's in-plant operations. Therefore, in-plant services may require documentation that the service/visit is essential to the continued operation of a critical infrastructure business.
- For services deemed essential, AVID technicians will take all precautions required to mitigate infection/transmission as recommended by the CDC. For more information see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html
- In an effort to limit air travel, customer services will be scheduled on a regional basis.
> Customers are requested to cooperate with our technicians’ scheduling suggestions in order to complete services in an efficient manner.
- AVID field technicians will comply with non-invasive customer screening procedures, and will answer all health screening questionnaires.
- AVID field technicians will comply with customer facility exposure mitigation programs, provided these programs do not prevent technicians from completing essential services.
> Customers are encouraged to share any specific mitigation programs with AVID technicians before services are scheduled.
> To avoid rescheduling fees, AVID management requests that customers discuss any COVID-19 related concerns that may prevent an AVID technician from entering a facility before the service is scheduled.
- UPDATED 6/15/2020: As an added safety measure, AVID customers are required to provide AVID technicians with a safe working area while at their facility and to observe social distancing protocols during all interactions. AVID requests that customers avoid unnecessary social interaction with AVID technicians while at their facility.
VII. External – Right to Refusal of Service
- AVID customers are deemed essential businesses by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (see CISA memo May 19, 2020). However, certain AVID customers are located in states/counties reporting large numbers of new cases of COVID-19 infection.
- While AVID employees take precautions to avoid infection and transmission through the use of PPE and safe travel practices, AVID Corporation's first priority is the safety and health of our employees during this difficult and rapidly changing time.
- While individual customers may adopt safe practices internally, AVID technicians must still travel and interact with the public during their journey to the customer site. AVID cannot risk our employees' safety in order to conduct any service.
- AVID Corporation reserves the right to postpone, cancel, or re-quote services in areas where new cases are significantly increasing -- or ‘plateauing’ -- at a high level. AVID shall not be held liable for lost profits or other consequential, special, general, incidental, indirect, exemplary, or punitive damages as a result of postponing or delaying, canceling, or re-quoting services due to increased COVID cases.
- UPDATED 6/30/2020: "On May 12, 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) advised governments that before reopening, rates of positivity in testing (i.e., out of all tests conducted, how many came back positive for COVID-19) should remain at 5% or lower for at least 14 days."
Due to the spike in new cases of COVID-19 in certain US states, AVID Corporation has revised employee travel policies. AVID will delay all in-plant services in states with a COVID testing positivity rate greater than 10%.
According to the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center, the following states are experiencing a positivity rate >10%: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Nevada, South Carolina, Texas, Utah.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis. Please contact AVID Corporation's Director of Operations for more information.