News & Events
27 May 2020 - COVID-19 Update
AVID is pleased to resume operations Monday June 1, 2020, after a temporary office closure in response to the COVID-19 epidemic affecting the northeastern United States region.
We thank our customers for their support and patience over the past two months.
As AVID Corporation resumes ‘normal’ operations over the next few weeks, mitigating COVID-19 transmission and exposure risks will be an important element to our safety strategy. We wish to share the internal and external safety protocols and standards AVID has implemented.
I. Internal - Screening and PPE
- AVID employees are requested to follow all CDC and local state guidelines for maintaining social distancing and wearing PPE when in close contact with the public.
- A daily health screen procedure has been established for all employees entering AVID offices.
- Employees are encouraged to contact their primary care physician if they experience any of the symptoms of Covid-19, or are concerned that they may have been exposed. Employees diagnosed with Covid-19 are required to inform AVID management of their diagnosis.
II. Internal - Visitors
- At this time, no outside vendors, contractors, or visitors (including customers) are permitted entry to AVID Corporation offices.
- All training classes typically held at AVID Corporation have been canceled until further notice.
III. Internal - Social Distancing
- In order to maintain social distancing within the AVID offices, work ‘cells’ have been established for all employees so they can work comfortably and safely. Solid barriers and partitions have been installed around work ‘cells’ to prevent accidental close contact between employees.
IV. Internal - Personal Protective Equipment and Proactive Hygiene
- All employees are required to wear face coverings (face-masks) when not in their designated work ‘cells,’ or when working in close proximity to other personnel.
- Employees unable to source their own personal approved face-coverings will be supplied face-masks by AVID. AVID thanks the NH Department of Safety for supplying approved PPE to NH businesses during this challenging time.
- Employees are required to wear freshly washed garments each day and maintain good hygiene.
- Employees are encouraged to wash their hands frequently throughout the day. Hand-sanitizer stations are setup throughout the office.
V. Internal - Office Cleaning Procedures
- High-touch surfaces (doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, countertops, work surfaces, etc.) and high-traffic areas (bathrooms, galley, entrances/exits, etc.) are sprayed with disinfectant and wiped down daily.
- Ventilation of the office has been improved by installing new fans and replacing filters.
- Employees will clean their personal work ‘cells’’ high-touch surfaces and tools daily with disinfectant.
- Sharing of employee personal tools and high-touch equipment is not permitted.
VI. External - Travel and Travel Concerns
- Travel during the epidemic is discouraged by the CDC. All non-essential field services will be postponed.
- Due to the essential nature of our customers' operations, state mandated quarantine periods put an undo hardship upon our field service technicians. Therefore, ALL service visits require documentation that the service/visit is essential to the continued operation of a critical infrastructure business.
- For services deemed essential, AVID technicians will take all precautions required to mitigate infection/transmission as recommended by the CDC. For more information see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html
- In an effort to limit air travel, customer services will be scheduled on a regional basis.
> Customers are requested to cooperate with our technicians’ scheduling suggestions in order to complete services in an efficient manner.
- AVID field technicians will comply with non-invasive customer screening procedures, and will answer all health screening questionnaires.
- AVID field technicians will comply with customer facility exposure mitigation programs, provided these programs do not prevent technicians from completing essential services.
> Customers are encouraged to share any specific mitigation programs with AVID technicians before services are scheduled.
> To avoid rescheduling fees, AVID management requests that customers discuss any COVID-19 related concerns that may prevent an AVID technician from entering a facility before the service is scheduled.
11 October 2019 - Gold Eagle
AVID is pleased to announce our new relationship with Gold Eagle, a quality focused manufacturer of fuel additives, surface protection products, cleaners, lubricants, detergents, and industrial fluids. We thank Gold Eagle for their business, and look forward to a successful working relationship.